EDUCATE FOR THE FUTURE:
PBL, SUSTAINABILITY AND DIGITALIZATION
16-18 August 2020
21st Century poses new challenges to labour market in general and to engineering in particular. Sustainability and automation are two examples, which poses challenges to engineering and science education, calling for new knowledge and competences for the future work place. New knowledge, competencies and forms of educating future graduates are needed in order to address these challenges.
The 8th International Research Symposium on PBL (IRSPBL 2020) theme is Educate for the Future: PBL, Sustainability and Digitalization. IRSPBL 2020 aims to bring together researchers studying all aspects of the learning process in Problem- based and Project-based Learning, and those involved in the implementation of these approaches across the disciplines from all over the world.
IRSPBL 2020 welcomes research and best practices contributionsin PBL from any level of education addressing one of the following sub themes:
- Democracy, social progress and PBL
- Cross disciplinary PBL
- Generating innovative and interdisciplinary knowledge and practices
- Sustainability and interdisciplinarity
- PBL and entrepreneurship
- The students’ learning process
- Evaluating practice – models and approaches
- Curriculum design
- Assessment methods
- Management of change
- Learning spaces
- Teacher roles in PBL
- Learning technologies for PBL and Virtual PBL
- PBL with large student groups
- PBL for continuing professional development
IRSPBL 2020 presents two submission tracks: a PBL practice track with extended abstracts and a PBL research track with publication at Aalborg University Press. The IRSPBL proceedings are under evaluation to be indexed in SCOPUS.
The symposium will be held in Aalborg, Denmark, from August 16-18 2020, together with PANPBL conference (see more information at http://pbl2020.panpbl.org/).
- Call for papers: August 1, 2019
- Submission of contributions: January 15, 2020
- Authors’ notification: March 5, 2020
- Final submission: April 30, 2020
- Announcement of acceptance: May 15, 2020